Welcome to our insurance senior hires trends update, featuring interactive charts and a deeper dive into selected hires and internal moves over the previous month.
All our insurance sector hiring data covers senior level appointments, moves and promotions, sourced from TALNT, Sheffield Haworth’s proprietary AI-driven platform for tracking executive moves, which gathers and analyses data from 300+ reputable public sources around the globe.
Of the 74 senior global insurance hires tracked this month, the ones that received the most interest from our subscribers on TALNT were:
- Paul Jones, formerly of AXA XL, who joined climate risk modelling InsurTech Descartes Underwriting as its business development director in the UK and Ireland. Jones will now look to expand Descartes’ parametric insurance coverage within both British and Irish domestic markets, as well as the London International Market. He brings with him 20 years’ experience in the industry.
- Amit Shar, who has left Ariel Re to join reinsurance MGA startup Kettle as its new Chief Distribution Officer. Shar has over 20 years’ experience in reinsurance, with previous roles at Argo Re, Swiss Re and KPMG in London and Bermuda.
- Luc Nhon Ly, who has joined Sun Life Vietnam as Chief Executive Officer. Ly was previously CEO of AIA Myanmar and prior to that spent 12 years at AIA Vietnam, mostly as the Chief Financial Officer. He has also held roles with ACE Life in Vietnam and Canada Life in Toronto and L’Industrielle-Alliance in Montreal.
- Greg Hingston, who has been appointed Global CEO, HSBC Life and Insurance Partnerships with effect on 1st January 2022. Hingston has been with the HSBC Group for 15 years where he was previously Head of WPB Hong Kong, Regional Head of Retail Banking, EMEA, Head of Customer Value Management & Head of International for Retail Banking and Wealth Management in Europe, and Global Head of Strategy for RBWM.
- Ravindra Nath, who joins Berlin-based full-stack digital insurance startup wefox as the company’s Chief Insurance Officer. This appointment follows that of Peter Huber as Chief Insurance Officer at the startup back in September. Just as Huber joined the firm from Zurich International, Nath has moved from Allianz Technology, where he worked for over seven years. Prior to that, Nath spent 10 years at Accenture. Both appointments follow on the heels of wefox’s $650m Series C investment round.
- Lisa Siggery, who has joined Oneglobal Broking, the commercial re/insurance brokerage, as Executive Director, Risk and Compliance. Siggery brings over 30 years’ insurance experience with her, over 20 of them in internal audit, risk management and compliance. She has held senior leadership roles at Jensten Group, RFIB Group, Towergate, and IAG. Prior to these, she also worked at Groupama Insurances and Aviva.
Global senior insurance hires, Jan 2020 – November 2021
The following chart shows the overall trend in senior global insurance hires since the beginning of 2020, which seems to have stabilised after seeing an upward trend between August and October:
Global senior insurance hires by sub sector, Jan – November 2021
The following chart compares senior hiring trends between the Non-life, Life/Pensions/Health, Reinsurance, and Brokers/Intermediaries sub sectors. Here we can see the largest change has been in the Non-life sector, as well as Brokers/Intermediaries:
Gender balance of senior global insurance hires, November 2021
Of the new senior appointments we tracked this month, the average global gender split was 30% women and 70% men, a small shift compared with October. The Americas saw the lowest proportion of senior appointments being women, at around 26%, whereas in EMEA this rose to around 31%, while in AsiaPAC it was almost 40%:
Top 10 companies with the most new appointments in November 2021
Here are the global insurance businesses who have made the most senior appointments during November: